About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a fitness professional, a father of two gorgeous girls, a serious football fan and a LOVER of FOOD! I believe that to maintain balance in life we need to enjoy everything in moderation. But sometime during the past two and a half years, since my first daughter was born, I have lost my balancing ways. I'm addicted to food...my main addiction; chocolate. My workouts have taken a backseat to parent and tot gymnastics, crafting, and singing the ABC song. I NEED to find balance again. Please join me as I embark on this journey. I hope you too can find the balance in your own life.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mini Pyramid: Squats / Mountain Climbers

It was all set. The girls would have their naps and I would be able to sneak in a workout. but...

Some excuses are perfectly understandable!

I had a small window of time open this afternoon, which happened to be the perfect size to give Challenge #2 a try. It takes 10 minutes total and 3 of those are resting. Not too bad. Wrong!! I think it took me 5 minutes to stand up after it was over. Please check out the video for the exercise demo. It can also be used to time your challenge. Just do what I'm doing. And count your reps.

Challenge #2 - Mini Pyramid: Squats / Mountain Climbers 

30 seconds : Squats
30 seconds : Mountain Climbers
30 seconds : Rest
45 seconds : Squats
45 seconds : Mountain Climbers
45 seconds : Rest
60 seconds : Squats
60 seconds : Mountain Climbers
60 seconds : Rest
45 seconds : Squats
45 seconds : Mountain Climbers
45 seconds : Rest
30 seconds : Squats
30 seconds : Mountain Climbers

Lay down and be proud.

I can't stress the importance of Range of Motion! Keep full range on the squats. Thighs parallel to the floor at the bottom. Move your feet as much as you can with the mountain climbers. By maximizing the distance you cover on each rep, you will maximize the efficiency of the exercise.


Track the total reps you got in each set during the rest period.

I finished with a total of 139 squats and 229 mountain climbers.  Let me know how you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment